Women don’t have to live with all the symptoms of aging. Hormone replacement can be the answer.
Most women believe that the only reason to start taking estradiol when menopause begins is to decrease hot flashes and night sweats. But Estradiol replacement is so much more effective and versatile than just stopping hot flashes! When it comes to the replacement of testosterone for women, most still believe that T is just for men! If a woman has been reading for the last ten years, she may have picked up the fact that T brings back a sex drive and energy to women over 40, but most of the important benefits of Estradiol and Testosterone replacement are hidden from the majority of women. Journalists just aren’t interested in us after we are no longer young and fertile, unless of course we are involved with a scandal! The importance of replacing the hormones that are deficient after age 40, and the unpublished benefits that you can receive with E2, and T are the subject of this Blog.
After the age of 40, after our childbearing years, we experience a multitude of symptoms and changes that when asked, OBGYN doctors shrug their shoulders and tell their patients that these terrible, quality of life “downers” are “just aging” and therefore the don’t address them and won’t treat them! It seems medicine discriminates against women in mid-life by ignoring their pleas for help dealing with many symptoms of aging. These common problems are listed below, and I will address each of them in regard to hormonal solutions for these problems. By the way, the replacement of the hormones estradiol and testosterone will treat all of these problems!
- Stress urinary incontinence—T increases the connective tissue that holds up your bladder, and estrogen supports the vaginal and bladder lining, assisting in working against gravity.
- Irritable Bladder—T and E2 send blood blow to the bladder and stimulate nerves that may be “short-circuited” causing the bladder to spasm and refer the feeling of needing to urinate all day and night.
- Recurrent Bladder infections-Testosterone and estradiol pellets thicken the lining of the bladder and the urethra, blocking an invasion of the bladder with bacteria which start a bladder infection.
- Interstitial Cystitis is a very difficult problem that comes from severe inflammation of the bladder and causes affected patients to feel like they have to pee every 5 minutes. These patients can think of little else—T and E2 pellets decrease the inflammation in the bladder and thicken the lining of the bladder to protect the bladder lining from irritants in the urine.
- Vulvodynia—a painful inflammation of the skin around the vaginal opening, the urethra and rectum. This condition has no effective treatment, however by taking systemic E2 and T pellets, women have gotten relief from this acutely painful problem by taking E & T hormone pellets.
- Anemia—Testosterone increases the ability of your stomach to absorb iron from your diet and increases you hemoglobin and oxygen carrying capacity.
- Painful intercourse from a dry vulva and vagina—E2 and T together thicken vaginal and vulvar skin, protecting the nerves in and around the vagina. The thickened skin and increased lubrication from these two hormones recreate the youthful stretchiness and moisture needed for painless intercourse.
- Osteo-Arthritis—Testosterone suppresses inflammation and T and E2 together increase synovial fluid that lubricates the joints, stopping pain.
- Hormonal Migraines —T and E2 in pellet form create a constant blood level of E2 and T which prevents hormonal migraines, which are stimulated by large fluctuations in E2 and T and from total lack of these hormones.
As you can see many of the complaints that perimenopausal bring to their doctors can be treated with a single hormone complication! Instead, they are told that these terrible symptoms are just a normal part of aging and that they should just “suck it up”! I believe that if the American College of OBGYN and the FDA would listen to women over 40 more, and “bless” the use of hormone replacement therapy in all forms, but especially Testosterone and Estradiol Pellets we would create a generation of women who were still productive, happy and without multiple doctors’ visits! How can the powers that are making the rules be so discriminatory against women! We are more than half of the public….we need help in this area of medicine.
This Health cast was written and presented by Dr. Kathy Maupin, M.D., Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Expert and Author. www.BioBalanceHealth.com • (314) 993-0963. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and please check “ Like “. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram at BioBalanceHealth.