What can you do to reduce your risk of illness and be healthier?
The best way to decrease you risk of developing illness and cancer, as well as a cancer recurrence, is to get your immune system as healthy as possible. Everyone’s body makes cancer cells daily, but your amazing immune system protects you by killing them before they multiply.
The key to preventing chronic illness, cancer, and a cancer recurrence, infections such as viruses or bacteria, and chronic fatigue is to turn the clock backwards to when you were young and your immune system’s “power center”, the thymus gland, was large and active. The thymus gland makes T Killer and T helper white blood cells that kill cancer and bacteria. The thymus gland is key to your immune system, and it shrinks with age. It is large and active when we are children and gets smaller and less active as we age. After age 60 you may notice that people get sicker and that is when they have the most frequent cancer diagnoses. The thymus gland can be stimulated again by “feeding” it and stimulating it into action again.
The best way to improve your immune system’s health and reverse the thymus’s aging process is to make your thymus more active, like it was when you were younger. The best way to achieve this is to replace testosterone, stimulate growth hormone (if necessary), eat healthy food and avoid unhealthy food, add daily exercise to your lifestyle, achieve ideal weight, take supplements, and use immune-boosting peptides like Thymosin alpha-1 or Thymulin and or take medications like Metformin ER.
The following lists are meant to be helpful for you to improve the status of your immune system.
Medications/Hormone Prescriptions that improve Immunity:
- Testosterone pellets and injections
- Metformin ER 500 mg-2,000 mg
- Thymosin alpha-1 peptide (currently unavailable)
- Thymulin peptide
- Peptides that stimulate the Growth Hormone. Eg. Sermorelin, Ipamorelin, CJC..
Supplements that Support your Immune System & Recommended Daily Dosing:
- Vitamin C – 1,000 mg/day
- Vitamin D3 – 5,000 IU/day
- Zinc – 30-50 mg/day
- Methyl-B Complex from BioBalance Health – 1 /day
- Magnesium Glycinate or Magnesium Complex from BioBalance Health – 400-800/day
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) from BioBalance Health – 1800 mg/day
- Inositol 1-2 grams a day
- Choline 425-550 per day
- Glutathione (given im, IV optimally) 50-600 mg/day orally (20-40 mg/kg of body weight 3 x a day)
- Lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, and animal protein (meat and milk products)
- Citrus fruit
- Limit caffeine to no more than 2 cups/day
- Avoid sugar, synthetic sugars (Saccharin, Equal®), alcohol, gluten, and processed foods
- Avoid preservatives, and food coloring/dyes (especially Red #40 & Yellow #5)
Exercise: Doing 45min of cardio per day or more is optimal! Add weight training for the whole body.
Red Light Therapy: 20 minutes a day stimulates the mitochondria to make more immune cells, and to activate them.
Sunshine: 45-60min/day is optimal! No sunglasses or sunscreen.
Medications to AVOID:
- Drugs that treat autoimmune disease called biologics
Medical Treatments to avoid if possible that Suppress the Immune System
- Immune suppressants
- Treatments for autoimmune diseases
- Cancer treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy
Habits and substances to avoid that suppress the immune response (the thymus gland and the cells that it produces. Avoid the habits and environmental substances that follow:
- All types of tobacco products
- Smoking anything—tobacco, THC, etc. causes the lungs to be damaged and to carry carcinogens into the body.
- You can put an air purifier in your home and or office.
- Alcohol, yes including wine and beer (they are toxins)
- Drugs not prescribed by a doctor and some that are prescribed by a doctor. See “Medications to Avoid” above.
- Fast food
- Sugar, honey, simple carbohydrates that raise the blood sugar
- Short lengths of sleeping. Humans need at least 7 hours of sleep.
- Night work/shift work
- Indoor light > outdoor sun light
- Tap water that contains chemicals and fluoride–only drink purified water
- Use of chemicals on your lawn and pesticides in and outside of your home because they are carcinogens
No one can avoid all bad habits and substances that block your production of White Blood cells and protect you from cancer, autoimmune diseases and infections, however you can take steps to improve your immune system to decrease your chance of these diseases. The most important change you can make that protects you with just one change is to replace testosterone with bioidentical pellets, if you are over 40 years old. Testosterone in pellet form is the one hormonal replacement that will improve your immune status more than any other single treatment or supplement. So what is stopping you from preventing future illness and suffering?
This Health cast was written and presented by Dr. Kathy Maupin, M.D., Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Expert and Author. www.BioBalanceHealth.com • (314) 993-0963. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and please check “ Like “. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram at BioBalanceHealth.