There is a difference between anabolic steroids and testosterone.
Download the transcription of this podcast.
Three million Americans have admitted to using anabolic steroids. Most of them were professional athletes or teenagers. The use of anabolic steroids is completely different from the replacement of pure testosterone in HRT. Below I list ways to tell the difference.
Definition: prescription drugs with the anabolic (growth stimulating) characteristics of testosterone.
Differences between Testosterone Replacement and Anabolic steroids
Reason for use
- You can use almost any object of drug for good or for evil
- Similar to the use of a knife: In one hand it can be used to cut up vegetables, fruit or meat for a meal, but when used for evil it can be used to murder another human being.
Age of user
- Anabolic steroids are used by young healthy men to be MORE than they are normally, and replacement testosterone is used to replace pure testosterone to generally older men who have lost their natural testosterone.
Not doctor prescribed
- ANABOLIC STEROIDS are usually acquired on the internet from foreign countries. They are not difficult to obtain, or expensive
- 2% of all doctors may not be ethical, and obtain anabolic steroids for patients who will pay them, without regard to the future health of the patient
- Dosages are exceeded.
Types of steroid used
- Anadrol (Oxymetholone)—meant to treat anemias
- Oxandrin (oxandrolone)—meant to promote weight gain in frail patients
- Dianabol (methandrostenolone)—no indications
- Winstrol (Stanozol)—treatment of hereditary anemias
- Deca-Durbolin (Nandrolone decanote)—treatment of anemia with renal insufficiency
- Equipose (Boldenone undecylenate) –Veterinary (horse) steroid
- THG (Tetrahydrogestrinone)—banned
Side effects of the anabolic steroids that are permanent and severe, and not seen with pure testosterone is
- Increased heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Liver cancer (oral anabolic steroids)
- Breast development
- Severe acne and cysts
- Rage aggression
- Adrenal impairment